Take Charge of Your information
Preferences for Email
By clicking the link below and filling out the form, you can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from any of our companies worldwide.
Modify Your Preferences For Email
Erase Your Records
Get rid of all of your personal data permanently.
Adjust Your Privacy Settings
Keep Complete Ownership of Your Information
We collect personal information from and about you based on your engagement with our Services and the information you provide voluntarily. This may include direct information from you or information collected in connection with your use of the Services, such as:
The document includes contact information such as your name, email address, event registration details, related information like dietary restrictions, photos and videos, and communication preferences.
Inquiry information, including messages sent through forms, surveys, emails, or phone, may include information provided when signing up for our newsletters.
Account information includes personal details like name, ID, date of birth, contact, profile, saved items, payment history, subscription, courses, and Stock Simulator results, along with saved items and bookmarked items.
Information pertaining to the user's finances, such as their credit and debit card details, bank account and routing number, as well as their billing and shipping address.
You can easily get to know all detailed about your age, gender, color, income, occupation, marital status, and facts about your family circle and family situation like how many family members you are and how long you've lived in your current house. On top of that, you can get all the information about the household you now reside in and your family status as well.
Health- or Fitness-Related Information
Information Referring to Your Health And Fitness, Such As Your Exercise And Activity Levels, Weight Loss Goals, Food Preferences, Etc.
Content Generated by Users, which may include personally identifiable information that you voluntarily disclose when using the Services, such as when posting a comment or review. Avoid sharing any personal information that you wouldn't want the general public to see on the Services, as this information may be viewed, used, or captured by anyone who visits the Services.
Contest, Sweepstakes, and Survey Information
Information Provided in Connection with a Promotion, Survey, or Testimonial, Such as Details Relating to Your Participation in Said Promotion, Survey, or Testimonial, and Any Other Information You May Provide When Doing So.
Inferences Concerning Your Preferences, Interests, and Other Behavioral Data
Data Relating to Your Likes, Dislikes, and Personality Traits, such as your favorite foods, purchases, or recipes, as well as your consumption habits and health and fitness data.
Automatically Acquired Information
The following are examples of the data types that are automatically collected:
Device data includes IP address, operating system, device type, browser version, browser ID, URL entered, referring page, date/time of visit, user agent string data, time spent on our Services, and any errors. This data may overlap with other categories of data listed below:
Our Services collect various types of data, including analytics and usage data, such as the path taken to and from our Services, usage and activity metrics, and metrics on the number of emails we send and the views of attachments or links. We may also use third-party tools to collect information regarding your use of the Services, such as your cursor movements, scrolling, clicks, and keystroke activity. When you use our Services, participate in a conversation, or use another feature, these technologies may record the information you submit.
Data referring to the user's location, which may include the user's geographical position and which we or our third-party suppliers may collect, for example, through the use of permissions within the app's operating system or through the browser's functionality.
Advertising/Advertising measurement data
We and our third-party partners may combine automatically collected information with other user-provided information. You can limit or disable cookies or tracking technologies on your device by following the "What Controls Do I Have Over My Information?" section. For more information on how we and our third-party partners use these technologies and data for advertising purposes, see "What are Our Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising Practices?" below.
We collect personal information from third parties, often combining it with information collected automatically or directly from individuals. These third parties may provide the same categories of personal information as mentioned above.
- Additional Users Interacting with Our Services:
It is possible for us to obtain information about you from other users who make use of our services.
- Partners in Business
We may collect your information from business partners, including companies offering products or services on our Services or other properties, marketing/advertising and analytics partners, third-party brands/agencies, and other partners that facilitate the buying and selling of advertising inventory, measure the effectiveness of related ad campaigns, and inform business analytics like view rates, bounce rates, and audience composition.
- Social Media Networks:
We may obtain profile information and other data that you share with third parties when users connect with our Services on social media sites like Facebook, Google, Instagram, Twitter, and others. Logging in, communicating with users, understanding visitor demographics, and personalizing content and advertising use this information. Before sharing data or connecting to other services, users should check and update their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media.
- What We Learn From Authentication Services:
Users can verify who they are and possibly share details about themselves (such as contact information) by logging in with an authentication provider like Facebook or Google. The third party's policies and the individual's privacy preferences will determine the information we get. Use of this data includes account verification, service provision, user communication, and marketing and advertising. The data is subject to the user's privacy settings on the external digital property.
- Service Providers:
Third parties who do business with us, such as payment processors, survey companies, and businesses in responsible for running our marketing, advertising, and analytical activities, may get personal data and give it to you.
- Information Providers:
We can add to the personal information we collect with data that comes from third parties, for example information providers. We may implement the updated contact information that a person has submitted to a third-party information source in order to, for example, get in touch with them again or collect more information about their demographics (such as their likes or preferences).
- Other Sources:
We may gather personal information about individuals from sources like publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, or through transactions like mergers and acquisitions.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
One or more of the ways in which we might use the information you provide to us are:
In order to provide you with the Services you've requested. As an example:
- Provision of the Services and XYS's other offerings to you;
- How to Manage Multiple Users Accessing Your Account
- Supporting users in a variety of ways, including responding to their inquiries, recommendations, and opinions;
- Completing your transactions and accepting your money;
- Communicating with you about your account and other service/transaction-related matters;
- Keeping track of your search history, bookmarks, and reading lists; and
- Event, conference, program, contest, survey, poll, panel, questionnaire, and other offer or promotion notification and administration.
With the goal of making your time spent using our Services more enjoyable:
We will make sure that you don't see repeated ads for the same old material and that we recommend just those products and services that we think are likely to grab your interest.
For marketing purposes:
We may use your information for marketing purposes, including sending communications about new features, updates, products, and special offers. We may also serve ads about our products or other products or services you might find interesting. Your information, both individually and collectively, may be used to better target future marketing and advertising initiatives. See the sections titled "What Controls Do I Have Over My Information?" and "What are Our Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising Practices?" for details on how you can opt in or out of receiving marketing communications and how we use the data we collect.
To communicate with you:
We may communicate with you about your account activities, such as transaction confirmations or subscription renewal alerts. If you register, we may enroll you in email newsletters, send user surveys, and promotional communications. We may communicate via email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or push notifications on mobile devices. To adjust your communications preferences, refer to "What Controls Do I Have Over My Information?”.
In order to maintain a high standard for what we provide, we must:
In order to maintain a high standard for our goods and services, we must: We can use the information you provide to better relate to our customers and to improve or modify our Services. As one method of improving the quality of the Services and creating new and improved ones, we may use statistical analysis and trend identification.
To protect the security and integrity of our business, to comply with legal requirements and obligations, and as permitted by law:
We may use any of your personal information for any other purposes:
If we have your consent, if we are following your instructions, or if we have otherwise provided you with notice that this is permitted.
How Do We Share Private Information?
All XYZ publishing brands use personal data that you provide. Third parties may get personal information from us, such as:
- Third Parties At Your Request
You can share your actions on the Services with friends by email, text, or social media at your discretion.
- Promotional Partners:
We may share information with partnerships for contests, surveys, sweepstakes, or other collaborative promotions.
- Marketing and Strategic Business Partners:
We may share information with marketing/advertising, analytics, and other partners for purposes such as providing information, conducting marketing/advertising activities, informing business analytics, or for other commercial purposes.
- Online Advertising Partners:
We may share or allow third-party partners to acquire information from you on our Services for online advertising and measurement/attribution purposes.
- The Public:
Sharing feedback or user content on our Services may result in the display of your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and comments. To offer photo credit to another user, we may tag your or their social media accounts when you interact with us on social media.
- Wherever you give your permission, tell us what to do, or give us notice, we will:
- Service Providers and Advisors:
We may share personal information with third-party vendors and service providers who offer services on our behalf. This includes vendors and providers who provide marketing or advertising, analytics, mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfillment, delivery services, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or analytic services.
- Buyers and Third Parties in Business Transactions:
Personal data may be transferred to a new owner in the event of a corporate transaction such as a merger, the selling of substantially all of our company's assets or shares, a reorganization, financing, a change in management, the acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or bankruptcy.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties:
In any of the foregoing, we may disclose aggregated or anonymized information that does not identify you.
What are the details of our online advertising and data collection policies?
We use information about your usage of our Services to deliver ads that match your interests, improve marketing campaigns, produce analytics, and provide reporting, market research, and measurement/attribution. Online advertising networks, measurement/attribution firms, ad fraud verification companies, social media companies, and other advertising technology services may be third-party partners. They may also optimize marketing efforts and provide marketing services using third-party data.
How We Gather This Information
These advertising practices collect information using tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons/pixels, SDKs, APIs, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, logging technologies, and others that recognize your device and collect clickstream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, mobile ad ID or other digital identifier, and These tools may also collect other information you supply to us or how you use the Services, such as your mouse movements, scrolling, clicks, keystroke activity, and browsing, search, and purchasing behavior. These tools may record information you enter when using our Services or chat or other features.
Our third-party advertising partners may use a hashed or encrypted email address or user ID or other information (such as a phone number) to identify you across devices. We may exchange this information via API, direct file upload, server-to-server transfer, or pixel tracking technologies from those partners.
How to Choose Online Ads
To withdraw your consent from receiving advertisements tailored to your specific interests, refer to the section titled "What Controls Do I Have Over My Information?" below.
More on Social Media and Advertising
We may integrate social media widgets like the Facebook “Like” button, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and others. These social networking organizations may recognize you and gather information about your visit to our Services using cookies or other tracking technology. The privacy rules of those firms govern your use of such features.
We target you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to target social media users who have shown interest in our services or groups of users with similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. As mentioned above, we may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed or encrypted email address or phone number, with these platform providers, or they may collect information from our website visitors through a pixel (or other mechanism, such as API, direct file upload, or server-to-server integration), to direct targeted advertising to you or a custom audience. The privacy policies of social media firms that deliver these ads apply. You can change your social media settings to avoid targeted ads.
How Can I Manage My Information?
Your information can be controlled as follows:
● Request Access, Modification, or Deletion of Your Information:
You have the ability to submit a request to have your personal information updated, corrected, or removed. We will verify your identification while processing any request to secure your personal information. If we believe your identity has not been reasonably verified or that such information is subject to legal/regulatory, internal audit, record-keeping, or other requirements or legal exceptions, we may not grant your request. However, we will react to your request promptly. Please contact us using one of the following methods to request this:
- Please fill out this form if you are a resident of the United States, the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
- o Via email to XYZ with a clear subject line describing the nature of the request (e.g., "Request for Access," "Request for Correction," or "Request for Deletion")
Email Marketing Preferences:
To change your mind about receiving marketing emails from any of our brands, you can do so in one of two ways:
- by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any such message, or
- by visiting "E-mail Preferences" (if available for a brand) on our Services.⠀⠀
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from any of our businesses, simply click the link below and fill out the form that appears.
Simply click the unsubscribe link or follow the opt-out instructions included in each marketing email from the third party whose services you ordered through our Services if you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from that third party.
Notifications of renewal or orders placed, for example, fall within the category of "transactional" or "administrative" emails, from which you cannot unsubscribe.
If you do not wish to have your name and address included in lists that we sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or if you no longer wish to receive promotional mailings for other periodicals or products, please contact us as follows:
To unsubscribe, either fill out the form on this page or write to XYZ at Opt-Out Postal, Attention: Circulation, 225 Liberty St., 4th Floor, New York, NY 10281. You may still receive renewal notices and offers for magazines to which you already subscribe, even if you choose to opt out of our promotional mailings.
In the case of cookies and similar tracking technologies:
The user can control cookies by changing their browser settings to
- alert them when they receive a cookie, giving them the chance to decide whether or not to accept it;
- disable existing cookies, or
- automatically reject cookies (or certain types of cookies, such as cookies set by third parties). It's worth noting that other tracking technologies, such as pixels, SDKs, and localStorage, might offer comparable options for limiting tracking. If you need help, look at the settings or help files for your browser or device.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) resources at
https://www.aboutads.info/choices (or https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools for the EEA and Canada, respectively) or Network Advertising Initiative.
You can also opt out of some interest-based mobile app adverts at
https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You can also download the AppChoices app at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices to opt out of some interest-based advertising from participating mobile ad networks. You can also opt out of some interest-based advertising tracking technologies by clicking Your Privacy Choices in the website footer. Nielsen suggests clicking here to opt out of sharing data with Nielsen Marketing Cloud.
Click here for additional information on Nielsen's digital measuring services and your options. When you use our website and enter your email address (either to log in or sign up for a newsletter), we may share your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or browser or operating system information with LiveRamp and its group companies, acting as “joint controllers” (as applicable and defined in the GDPR).
Personal Data Protection: How?
We take reasonable administrative duties, technical, and physical precautions to protect the personal data you provide from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, modification, access, disclosure, or use. However, no security mechanism is impenetrable, and we cannot ensure the safety of systems throughout the times. Thus, you take some risk regarding the security of information you transmit through any digital property, including our Services. Please use this form to report Site vulnerabilities.
Links to Third-Party Sites?
Links to third-party digital properties may be available on our Services. Please consider privacy warnings or policies for linked digital properties. Digital properties we do not own or manage are not our responsibility for content, usage, conditions, or privacy policies.
Our Children's Personal Information Policy?
We do not intentionally collect or solicit personal information from children under 16 (or the equivalent age of a minor in your area) on our Services. If we accidentally gather personal information from a kid under 16 (or the equivalent age in your area), we will delete it immediately. We may have gathered information from a child under 16 (or the equivalent age in your area). Please notify us using the details below.
What is Our Policy Regarding Users Who Are Located in Other Countries?
Your personal information may be stored in, transferred to, and processed in the United States as well as in any other country in which the Company, other Dotdash Meredith affiliates, or service suppliers maintain facilities. This includes the United States of America. There is a possibility that the data protection rules of these countries offer a different level of protection for your personal information compared to those of the country in where you are currently situated or the country in which you currently reside. Please use the following contact information to get in touch with us if you have any inquiries or would want to gain additional information regarding the international transfer of your personal information or the protections that have been put into place.
Where can I get the disclosures that are specific to my region?
Depending on the state or nation in which you reside, we may choose to, or we may be obliged by law, to offer different or additional disclosures concerning the manner in which we handle personal information:
Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, and Virginia: If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, or Virginia, please see the section below titled "U.S. State Privacy Notice."
European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland: If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), United Kingdom ("UK"), or Switzerland, or otherwise engage with our European operations, please see the 'European Privacy Notice' section for additional European-specific privacy information, including what constitutes your personal data, the lawful bases we rely on to process your personal data, and your rights with respect to your personal data.
How can you get in touch with us?
Include "U.S. Privacy Rights Request" in the subject line of your email if you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia and you are enquiring about your privacy rights under your respective State Privacy Law.
Please add "GDPR Privacy Rights Request" in the subject line of your email if you are a resident of the European Economic Area and have questions regarding your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
You could also write to the following:
New York, New York 10281, 225 Liberty Street, Fourth Floor
State of the Union Notice Regarding Privacy
American State Privacy Notice
Rights to Confidentiality
The State Privacy Laws give you the right to the following with respect to the personal information we have collected about you (subject to certain limitations under such laws, such as exceptions in the State Privacy Laws or the inability to verify your identity):
Freedom of Access
The State Privacy Laws grant you the right to know if we are handling your personal data and give you access to such data. If it is technically practicable, you should also be able to receive this data in a portable, easily accessible format.
In accordance with the CCPA's access provisions, you can demand the following: You have the right to know (a) what specific pieces of personal information the company has collected about you, and (b) what types of personal information the company collects, where that information comes from, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or "selling/sharing" personal information, and the types of third parties to whom the company discloses personal information.
The Freedom to Forget
Subject to the exceptions laid out in the State Privacy Laws, you may request that we delete any personally identifiable information that we have obtained from you.
The Freedom to Make Errors
Depending on the type of PI and the reasons for processing it, you may request that we amend any mistakes we find in your records.
Freedom of Refusal
You have the right to prevent "sales" and "shares" of your information, "targeted advertising," and some uses and disclosures of "sensitive" information in accordance with state privacy laws.
We are unaware of any instances where PI belonging to individuals under the age of sixteen (16) has been "sold" or "shared."
How to Make Use of Your Right to Privacy
Please use this form to submit a request for access, deletion, or correction in accordance with your legal rights.
Follow the steps outlined in the Your Privacy Choices link (included in the website footer) to exercise your right to prevent the "selling," "sharing," "targeted advertising," or certain uses/disclosures of "sensitive" personal information. In addition to disabling Targeting Cookies for "sales/shares," as explained in that link suggests, you can also access our site while using the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal (learn more about GPC at www.globalprivacycontrol.org). If you don't want to have Targeting Cookies placed on your device, you can disable them site-by-site using your browser settings.
Before fulfilling your request, we may need to authenticate your identity and validate your residency unless doing so would violate state privacy laws. Generally, we will need to either successfully authenticate your account or match sufficient information you provide with information we hold on you in our systems in order to validate your identity. In order to complete this procedure, we may need to collect additional information from you, such as your email address, phone number, or the date of your most recent transaction using our Services.
We reserve the right to deny a request to exercise these rights where we are unable to confirm your identity or find the requested information in our systems. In the event that we are unable to meet your requirements, we will provide an explanation for why.
Equal Opportunity and Dispute Resolution
It is against the law to treat you differently because you are exercising your rights as outlined in the table above. You have the right to request that we no longer use your personal information for marketing purposes or other uses (for example, if you ask us to delete your account), but this may affect our ability to continue providing you with our products and services or interacting with you.
In addition, under the state privacy laws of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia, you have the right to file an appeal if we do not comply with your request to exercise your rights. Please send an electronic copy of the decision you are appealing along with your appeal to [email protected].
As long as we can authenticate the authorized agent's authority to act on your behalf, State Privacy Laws allow you to have someone else submit requests on your behalf (using the channels for submitting requests above).
For requests to access, remove, or correct personal information in accordance with the CCPA, we specifically require the following for verification purposes:
(a) a power of attorney from you or your authorized agent that is effective under the laws of the state where you reside; or
(b) proof adequate to establish that you have:
authorized agent has executed a power of attorney; and
confirmed either your own identify to us or the identity of the authorized person who submitted the request on your behalf.
A signed authorization showing that your authorized agent has been permitted to act on your behalf is necessary for requests to opt out of "sales," "shares," or the processing of your personal information for "targeted advertising" under State Privacy Laws.
We agree to keep "deidentified information" (as that term is used in the State Privacy Laws) that we handle deidentified any time we are required to continue doing so. We won't try to reidentify the data unless we need to in order to determine if the way we deidentified it is permissible.
Notice at the collection of people living in California
The following extra statements apply to individuals who live in California and are protected by the CCPA.
Applications and PI Categories:
Here is a list of the various types of personal information we've gathered throughout the past year. See the part below called "How Do We Use Personal Information?" for additional details on how we use your private data.
- Your name, email address, birthday, and other identifying information, as well as your online handles and passwords, are all examples of identifiers.
- Records Relating to Customers Who Reside in the State of California (California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e)), which may include a customer's date of birth, contact information, and payment details.
- Protected Classification Characteristics, including but not limited to age and gender.
- Financial and transactional details, such as a record of previous purchases and payments.
- Information about the Internet and networks, including data about devices, logs, and analytics.
- Geolocation Data, which includes information on your device's location as well as location data collected based on your IP address or Wi-Fi network.
- Information Regarding Your Profession or Place of Employment, Such As Your Employer, Company, or School, If Your Subscription Is Linked to Either Your Employer's Account Or Your School's Account.
- Other Personally Identifiable Information, which may include information you publish on our social media platforms or information you send to us in another manner.
- o Inferences, including guesses about your interests and preferences based on those guesses.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as your username and password for an online account, or data that could potentially concern your health or race/ethnic origin.
“Sales” and “Shares”: Subject to your right to opt-out via our Your Privacy Choices link (located in the website footer), we may have "sold" and "shared" the following categories of personal information to our advertising/marketing and analytics partners for the purposes of advertising/marketing and analytics services in the prior 12 months: Data that could be deemed "sensitive," including identifiers, commercial information, geolocation data, internet/network data, and potentially sensitive personal information.
Data Retention: If required or permitted by law, we will retain the aforementioned types of personal information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes described in this notice. In many cases, we need to collect some or all of your personal information to meet a legal requirement, to settle a dispute, to enforce our agreements, to prevent or stop potentially unlawful, fraudulent, or misleading conduct, or for another legitimate business reason.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We may provide you with financial incentives for the collection, sale, retention, and use of your PI as permitted by the CCPA, which may include, but are not limited to, fairly varying prices, rates, or quality levels. The parameters of any financial incentive program will detail all relevant information about the incentive. You are under no obligation to participate in any incentive program and may opt out of any program at any time (i.e., terminate participation and forego the ongoing incentives) by following the instructions in the applicable program description and terms. Please review the terms and descriptions of the programs we offer linked above on a frequent basis, as we may add or modify these at any time.
- Any financial incentive, price or service difference, revenue generation, or expense related to the sale, collection, or retention of consumers' personal information is based on a reasonable, good-faith determination of the estimated value of such information to our business.
Message to the People of Nevada
According to Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, residents of Nevada have the right to prevent the selling of their personally identifiable information to third parties in the future. To request not to be subject to the provisions of the Nevada Revised Statutes when making a purchase, please click here.
European Privacy Statement
Individuals situated in the European Economic Area ("you"), the United Kingdom ("the UK"), or Switzerland ("Switzerland") are the only ones to whom this European Privacy Notice applies, and it only applies to the Services available in the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland that link to this European Privacy Notice:
Your Data's Responsible Party
- Dotdash Meredith, located at 225 Liberty St, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10281, is responsible for your personal information as described in this European Privacy Notice. [email protected] is the address of our local representative for the General Data Protection Regulation.
Permitted Use of Personal Data
- If we have a legitimate reason to process your personal information, such as:
- in order to meet our regulatory and legal responsibilities;
- in order to carry out our agreement with you or to comply with your request prior to entering into an agreement;
- to protect our rights or the rights of a third party;
- where you have specifically authorized us to use it.
- Below, we elaborate on the specific ways in which we use and process your information, as well as the specific legal grounds on which we do so.
Justification for and nature of the data processing activities
- The processing of your personal information is necessary for us to fulfill our obligations under the contract between us (or take steps related to fulfilling that contract), which includes providing the services and processing transactions you have requested.
- We need to reply to your requests, questions, and comments as well as provide other forms of user support so that we can take the actions you've asked for or that are required under the terms of the agreement we have with you.
- To send you marketing communications about goods and services that we think you might be interested in, or to direct you to content on this Site or other websites that we think you would find interesting: If you give us permission, we may send you promotional messages via electronic means. It is in our interest to promote our products and services to you and to steer you to the parts of this Site and other websites that we think you might find interesting. We believe this usage is reasonable and will not violate or impair any of your legal rights or freedoms.
- We shall send you electronic messages if you have consented to these communications, where such consent is needed by applicable law, in order to inform you about and manage your participation in events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions. We have a genuine interest in keeping you informed about and involved in our events, activities, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions. We believe this usage is reasonable and will not violate or impair any of your legal rights or freedoms.
- To provide the Services; to analyze and improve the user experience on the Services; to optimize and measure the efficacy of our marketing and advertising; and to manage our communications; to carry out, evaluate, and improve our company. Our processing of your personal information is necessary for the pursuit of these legitimate business interests. We believe this usage is reasonable and will not violate or impair any of your legal rights or freedoms.
- Data analytics on Service usage (consisting of things like customer and market research, trendspotting, financial sleuthing, and the pseudonymization or anonymization of personally identifiable information): Our processing of your personal information is necessary for the pursuit of these legitimate business interests. We believe this use is reasonable and will not cause you any harm.
- We will provide you advertising, content, and offers based on your interests and online activities if you have given us permission to do so. This includes both our own and third-party advertisements, content, and offers.
- For the purposes of delivering services and processing transactions in accordance with the applicable contract between us, it is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner. To enable our affiliates or service providers to execute certain activities on our behalf. We have a vested interest in delegating some functions to our service providers and affiliated entities. We believe this usage is reasonable and will not violate or impair any of your legal rights or freedoms.
- In order to keep you up-to-date on any developments related to the Services: In order to provide the services and complete the transactions outlined in the applicable contract between us, it is necessary for us to process your personal data.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; when we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business; and when we respond to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements. You may request notification of any such change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal data, and your options regarding such personal data within a commercially reasonable time frame from us, and we shall make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with such notice, including by email and/or a prominent notice on our Sites. In order to fulfill our legal responsibilities and safeguard the public interest, we must carry out this processing.
- To protect against, detect, and avert fraudulent or illegal behavior, claims, or other liabilities; and to comply with all relevant laws, government demands, and corporate policies: In order to fulfill our legal responsibilities and safeguard the public interest, we must carry out this processing.
Some of our third-party service providers, such as those who are based in the United States of America, may process your data elsewhere in Europe. This may involve transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. We engage into standard contractual terms approved by the European Commission to secure your personal information if we transfer it to a country that is not deemed to provide adequate protection by the European Commission.
In order to provide you with the Services, we need to keep your information for a certain amount of time. To the extent required by law (including laws relating to document retention), to resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to perform our business, we may preserve data for longer periods of time.
Rights of Data Subjects
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland, you have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold on you:
Right of Access:
You have the right to request confirmation of whether or not we are processing your personal data, as well as a copy of that data and any supporting documentation we have.
Right to correction:
You have the legal right to request that we update or delete any of your personal information that we have on file.
Right to erasure:
You have the legal right to request that we erase any of your personal information that we have on file.
Right to withdraw consent:
You have the option to revoke any previously given consent at any time.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority:
You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority in the Member State where your primary home is located.
Right to restriction of processing:
Under some conditions, you have the legal right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to data portability:
You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including the right to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
Right to object:
Under some conditions, you have the legal right to object to how we process your personal information.
Please do the following to make use of your rights:
You can make a request for European rights by filling out this form
We reserve the right to refuse requests in whole or in part where exceptions exist under relevant legislation, and the foregoing rights are not absolute. You also have the option to contact the data protection authority in your country with any concerns you may have.
to learn more about your country's data protection authority and how to get in touch with them.
Dotdash Meredith runs this establishment.
New York, New York 10281, Fourth Floor, 225 Liberty Street
Please email [email protected] with any questions, concerns, or suggestions you may have regarding our privacy policies and procedures.