Salmon Sushi Baked Recipe for Delicious Dinner
Sushi is full of nutrients and is best to be taken as a healthy meal. Beyond that, it is so tasteful and delicious. Baked sushi is more delicious because the salmon is cooked perfectly during the baking time. There are many flavors of sushi that can be cooked/bake effortlessly, you only need to consider one while initiating the recipe.
If you have not tried baked sushi yet, then you should try one. Its taste gets enhanced after getting baked as it has multiple ingredients.
Essentials Needed for Making Sushi
- Roasted Seaweed
- Short Grain Rice
- Soy Sauce
- Ginger Paste
- Homemade Sauce/Wasabi Sauce
Utensils Needed for Making Baked Sushi
You don’t need to have many utensils except the microwave oven.
Salmon Sushi Baked Recipe
The usual way of making sushi with raw fish and baked sushi is different. The raw fish sushi is wrapped or rolled in a way with some specific rolling mat or sheet and even has raw salmon slices in between other ingredients like rice and seaweed.
The baked sushi has everything layered, including rice, sauce, vegetable, grilled fish, seaweed, and furikake.
Furikake is the special ingredient of the salmon sushi baked recipe. You can further serve baked sushi with miso soup.
The salmon sushi baked recipe is one of my favorite recipes. I have tried it several times and served it to my family and friends. All the time, they praised me after having their baked sushi. It can also reheat for long storage.
- Preheat the oven to about 425F.
- Rinse the grain of rice and wash it thrice to get the dirt out of it.
- Bring it to a boil and cook it nicely for about 12 to 15 minutes until the water gets fully absorbed.
- Take it out from the cooking pot, and soak the left-out water through a chisel.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Combine rice nicely, and then set them aside.
The most imperative trick to ace the salmon sushi baked recipe is to marinate the sushi.
- Take the desired amount of salmon fillet in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp honey according to every three (3) fillets of salmon.
- Add a few cloves of crushed garlic.
- Add cream cheese and mayo sauce.
Marinate these things together, and set them aside for about 25 minutes before grilling them.
- Bake the marinated salmon for 15-18 minutes on medium heat.
- When it gets baked, take it out and place it in a casserole dish.
- Place cooked rice in the first layer of a casserole dish, and then add sauces of your choice.
- Place baked salmon and add vegetables, including carrots and peas.
- Add any homemade sauce that is made within the week.
- Sweet sauce and spicy mayo should be the must-haves for this dish.
- Layer more sushi after sauce and vegetables, and then add a thin layer of seaweed paper.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle furikake seasoning because that’s the most extraordinary and secret ingredient of the salmon sushi baked recipe.
- Bake it for about 10 minutes because everything is already cooked.
- Before serving, add jalapeños, sauces, sesame seeds, and scallions.
Pros and Tips
- Baking salmon with parchment paper is one of the healthiest ways to get grilled or baked salmon.
- The sushi contains fiber and omega-3 fatty acids from salmon.
- Brown rice is preferable rather than white rice.
- It is excellent for weight loss.
- Fried sushi is unhealthily compared that baked sushi can be preferred.
- Don’t add too much vinegar and soy sauce to the rice, as it can destroy the taste of baked sushi.
- Sauce containing mayonnaise and other high PH ingredients can increase your blood pressure
- Avoid an extra amount of dressing.
- The bad idea is to grease the pan with butter, so olive oil is preferable.
- Raw salmon is healthier than baked salmon because it has more nutrients.
Sushi has a variety of ways to cook/bake or serve in a basic manner. However, I, come up with an amazing and delicious salmon sushi baked recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
For how many days the baked salmon sushi can be stored?
You can store the leftover salmon sushi baked in the refrigerator for 3-4 days effortlessly. Before eating, warm it up in a microwave oven for around 2 minutes. It will taste fresh and delicious.
Can it be prepared in bulk quantity for events?
Yes, you can prepare the sushi in bulk quantity. But, the baking phase should get done before an hour. You can cook rice and set it aside in a cool temperature place so it can live long. Marinate and bake salmon in bulk before baking.
Do the baking and assembling process in the casserole dishes in the end. Bake the dishes two (2) hours before serving.
What is the total duration of achieving a salmon sushi baked recipe?
If you are baking it for many people, it hardly takes 1 hour to make the recipe. But if you are making it for around 3 to 4 people, it will be done in less than 30 minutes. It depends on the amount of the ingredients.
What can be used instead of mayo and sweet sauce in this recipe?
You can choose wasabi sauce instead of adding mayo and sweet dressing to sushi. It will make your salmon sushi baked recipe more delicious for sure.